The way your eyebrows look affects the overall appearance of your face. Their shape, volume and texture all play a role, and so can their color. That is where eyebrow tinting comes in.
Eyebrow tinting can give thin or graying eyebrows a bold, fresh look for weeks. It is a simple and affordable salon technique that reduces makeup use and saves you time getting ready in the morning.
What Does the Eyebrow Tinting Procedure Entail?
The treatment takes less than half an hour. It involves applying a mild semi-permanent dye to your arches to make them darker or match the shade of the hair on your head.
Eyebrow tinting will color the tiny, unnoticeable hairs, making your eyebrows darker and more defined. Those more delicate hairs are lighter than the rest and usually cannot be seen.
How Long Does Eyebrow Tinting Last?
Eyebrow tinting lasts between three to eight weeks, with a month being the average. However, the duration depends on several factors, including:
- Sun exposure and sunscreen use (less sun exposure and adamant sunscreen use are optimal for longer-lasting results)
- Face washing intensity (scrub gently, if at all, around the eyebrow area)
- The type of facial cleanser and makeup remover you use (use gentle cleansers and avoid applying oils and facial serums on the eyebrows)
- The speed your hair grows and sheds
When the tint begins to fade, your eyebrows revert to their natural color.
Factors That Affect Eyebrow Hair Density
Eyebrows can be naturally thin or thin with age, just like the hair on your head. Follicles tend to generate finer hair or stop producing hair over time. Aging, environmental changes and hormone level fluctuations, especially during menopause, cause this.
Medical conditions also affect eyebrow hair growth and loss. Those include:
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Thyroid and autoimmune issues
- Diseases like eczema, psoriasis and other inflammatory conditions
In addition, over-plucking can stunt hair growth.
Who Can Benefit From Eyebrow Tinting?
- If you are experiencing hair loss affecting your eyebrows, then eyebrow tinting can help you regain fuller-looking brows.
- In the 90s through 2010s, skinny eyebrows were the trend. If you over-plucked during this period and now want thicker eyebrows, but your hair is struggling to grow out, eyebrow tinting can darken the little hairs to give you the bolder brows you want.
- If you recently changed your hair color and want your eyebrows to match, eyebrow tinting is for you.
- Short on time? Eyebrow tinting is great for those who are too busy to spend a lot of time putting on makeup but want fuller-looking eyebrows.
Scheduling Your Atlanta, GA, Eyebrow Tinting
For more information or to schedule an eyebrow tinting session, call 404-883-3287 or contact us online. We can schedule a consultation with our professional team to advise you and provide more information about this and other procedures we offer.