Are you seeking a dental office providing digital dental x-rays in the Alpharetta area? One of the best technological developments in the dental field in the last few decades is digital radiography. With this technology, an x-ray can be produced using an electronic sensor instead of a traditional film. At Creative Dentistry & Medspa, we utilize this modern technology to provide our patients with better preventive dental care. If you are looking for a contemporary office that offers digital x-rays near you, come see us today at our office in Alpharetta, GA. We provide comprehensive, patient-centric treatment in a comfortable, caring environment.
What Are Digital X-Rays?
Digital x-rays use an electronic sensor and transmit images of the interior of the mouth directly to a computer. Once on the computer, our staff is able to rotate, enhance and zoom in on the images to better identify underlying oral health issues.
Digital x-rays take less time than traditional radiography – most can be completed in under a minute. All you need to do is bite down on a plastic mold and wait while a member of our staff rotates the sensor around your head to create a full image of your mouth.
The Benefits of Digital X-Rays
Besides being easier to take, quicker and more accessible, digital x-rays come with a couple of advantages over traditional film x-rays:
- Digital x-rays reduce patient exposure to radiation significantly while still creating a crystal-clear image.
- Our dentist can view and enlarge the images immediately on a computer, allowing for fast treatment and better chances of catching any anomalies.
- The digital x-rays do not require film processing and thus have a lower environmental impact.
- The x-rays can be done in a shorter period of time, so you spend less time in the office and more time taking care of your oral health.
Some of the problems digital x-rays can detect include:
- Abscesses and cysts
- Cancerous and benign tumors
- Bone loss
- Interior dental infections
- Decay between the teeth
- Developmental abnormalities
Most insurance plans cover digital x-rays under preventive dental care, but there may be limits to how often they are covered. We usually perform digital x-rays during routine dental exams, but not necessarily at every exam. Between preventive x-ray exams, we may need to take x-rays if you are experiencing oral pain or before certain dental treatments.
For more information about digital x-rays, contact us today at Creative Dentistry & Medspa. We can schedule your initial appointment and consultation around your busy schedule and have x-rays completed during your first visit at our office in Alpharetta, GA. If you have any questions, our staff will be glad to explain the procedure and technology to you.