If you feel less confident and uncomfortable with your smile, here are some reasons why porcelain veneers may be good for you:
Dental veneers were initially used by actors to help them quickly improve the look of their teeth while filming. They were first invented by Charles Pincus, a California doctor in 1928. Since then, veneers have metamorphosized to become a popular dental cosmetic solution for people with a range of dental imperfections. There are different types of veneers available for use, but the most popular remains porcelain veneers. As the name suggests, they are made from porcelain, a material that makes them effective and efficient in a number of ways.
Here are 5 benefits you can enjoy with porcelain veneers:
- Solves a Combination of Issues
- Porcelain veneers are very effective at solving a range of dental problems. They work for teeth that are discolored, chipped, cracked, or if you wish to change the shape and size of your teeth. So, instead of having to drain resources on multiple treatment procedures, just have a dentist near you arrange for placement of porcelain veneers. They deliver the same results you would get from braces, dental crowns, and teeth whitening. All you need to do is raise your concerns with a dentist and let them adjust the veneers to meet your needs.
- Natural Feel and Appearance
- The tooth’s natural enamel is translucent, which gives it a healthy sheen. The porcelain used to make dental veneers has this same characteristic, which makes it look a lot like the tooth’s enamel. It is hard for someone to tell porcelain veneers apart from natural teeth. Additionally, you can have porcelain glazed to a shade of your liking in order to match the shade of your current teeth. In the event that the veneers are being placed on each tooth, a better opportunity arises to make your smile even brighter. The feel of porcelain is also just like that of the enamel, allowing you to eat, drink, and talk without any difficulty.
- When properly placed, porcelain veneers are known to last for 10-30 years, depending on how you care for them. Our dentist in Atlanta, GA, uses high-quality materials and modern techniques to ensure safe and effective veneer placement. Since your natural enamel is protected by the porcelain sleeve, there is high resistance to tooth decay. Porcelain is also less likely to discolor, so you can maintain whiter teether for longer with less hassle.
- Simple Care and Maintenance Required
- Caring for porcelain veneers is just like caring for your natural teeth. You will still need to brush, floss, and rinse like normal. You will keep up with your regular dentist appointments to ensure that everything is on track and that any problems are detected in good time. A plus to having veneers is that it becomes even easier to care for your teeth. If you had any gaps or cracks that were making cleaning difficult, the veneers seal off these cracks and allow you to enjoy improved oral health.
- Quick and Simple Placement Procedure
- Getting porcelain veneers is a quick and simple process that requires just two visits to our Atlanta, GA dental office. On the first visit, the dentist will run a detailed exam to determine the state of your overall dental health. After that, the procedure for placing the dental veneers begins. First, the tooth is prepared by gently shaping the enamel. A temporary veneer may then be placed as you wait for the porcelain veneer to be processed.
- The porcelain veneer is usually designed to fit over the existing and freshly shaped teeth. Depending on the end results you hope to achieve, the veneer’s color, size, and shape can also be adjusted to give you a perfect smile.
Your smile is your greatest asset. According to research data published by Kelton Research, there are some social biases towards people with dental imperfections. They are viewed as being less attractive, less trustworthy, and less intelligent. These biases can damage a person’s self-esteem and, even worse, lead to depression. However, porcelain veneers allow you not just to solve your dental problems but also to kick up your esteem and confidence levels. You will be able to conceal stains, cracks, and other flaws and, at the same time, improve your quality of life.Posted on behalf of Creative Dentistry & MedSpa