Digital X-Rays in Atlanta, GA
One of the best technological developments in the dental field is digital radiography. With this technology, an x-ray can be produced using an electronic sensor instead of a traditional film. At Creative Dentistry of Atlanta, we utilize this modern technology to provide outpatients with better preventive dental care. If you are looking for a contemporary office that offers digital x-rays near you, come see us today. We provide comprehensive, patient-centric treatment in a comfortable, caring environment.
What Are Digital X-Rays?
These are x-rays that use an electronic sensor and transmit images of the interior of the mouth directly to a computer. Once on the computer, our staff is able to rotate, enhance, and zoom in on the images to better identify underlying oral health issues.
Digital x-rays take less time than traditional radiography – most can be completed in under a minute. All you need to do is bite down on a plastic mold and wait while a member of our staff rotates the sensor around your head to create a full image of your mouth.
Besides being easy to take and more accessible, digital x-rays come with a couple of advantages over traditional methods.
- Digital x-rays reduce patient exposure to radiation significantly while still creating a crystal clear image.
- Our dentist can view and enlarge the images immediately on a computer, allowing for fast treatment and better chances of catching any anomalies.
- The digital x-rays do not require film processing and thus have a lower environmental impact.
- The x-rays can be done in a shorter period of time, so you spend less time in the office and more time taking care of your oral health.
Some of the problems digital x-rays can detect include:
- Abscesses and cysts
- Cancerous and benign tumors
- Bone loss
- Interior dental infections
- Decay between the teeth
- Developmental abnormalities
For more information about digital x-rays in Atlanta, GA, contact us today at Creative Dentistry of Atlanta. We can get your initial appointment and consultation established around your busy schedule and have x-rays completed during your first visit. If you have any questions, our staff will be glad to explain the procedure and technology to you.